Thursday 30 December 2010

Mess Free Doodling (review)

The two year old loves to draw...


... but she can be a bit indiscriminate when it comes to with what and on what.

The last thing I want to do is discourage her creative exploration (even if it is with baked beans on my kitchen work surface) but if I can encourage an activity that she enjoys that also means I won't have to scrub colourful ink splodges out of my living room rug, then that is a wining solution.

The Tomy Aquadoodle Desk retails at £29.99.

It comes flat packed as seven thick foam board pieces that slot satisfyingly together without the need for tools or screws. The finish on the foam board is a wood grain effect that reminds me of the mad decorating and room makeovers I used to enjoy doing, inspired by such TV shows as 'Changing Rooms' with the flamboyant Lawrence Llewelyn Bowen.

The doodling surface is double sided giving two choices of colour and fits into a recess in the desk top. There is also a nice little recess to house the Aquadoodle pen when not in use.

The pen is simply filled with water and mess free doodling can commence.

I don't expect the Aquadoodle Desk to completely take the place of traditional drawing materials (or her more experimental choice of art working) but it is a very handy, instantly accessible, mess free outlet for her creative urges.

The doodles do not last for very long. They disappear leaving a clean surface ready for more mess free fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...