Wednesday 5 January 2011

My Top 5 Dinner Party Guests - Listography

I once wrote one of these lists whilst attempting to get to know a potential love interest on an online dating site after the break down of my first marriage - the idea being that our choice of guests would be more revealing about our characters and potential compatibility than any more direct approaches. I can't for the life of me remember who I invited! I do remember that one of his guests was David Henry Thoreau, who went into the woods to experience the most simple of existences to learn how to live. I should have known then that our romance would be doomed to fail!

So after much thought:

My Top 5 Dinner Party Guests

  1. Tom Kenny - the voice of Spongebob Squarepants - really, this is a slightly more grown up way of saying I'd like Spongebob Square Pants to come to dinner.
  2. John Merrick - the Elephant Man - fascinating story of an amazing man - plus he probably didn't get many dinner party invitations
  3. Louis Spence - of Pineapple Dance Studio fame - for his flamboyance and glamour and larger than life personality.
  4. Derren Brown - I'm reading his book Confessions of a Conjuror at the moment - it has reminded me that despite how annoying he has become, he really is an incredibly talented and interesting person.
  5. Anton du Beke - my guilty pleasure - I would love a post dinner whirl around the dance floor with him.
(photoshopping courtesy of Ivy who is now busy creating her own fantasy dinner party)

2 comments:

  1. Love your online dating story!! But can't believe that Derren Brown is the most popular celebrity so far - I don't even know who he is! Also - you can invite SpongeBob if you like - you've probably as much chance of him coming as the others...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I love your dinner party guests. If I come, I want to sit next to Louis Spence,,, he's so funny.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...