Monday 21 March 2011

My top 5 Things I Want to be When I Grow Up - Listography

1. Mum to Eight Kids - This is the earliest 'when I grow up' fantasy I can remember. I wanted to live in a big house that I had built myself and have eight kids. Well I do  a bit of decorating and DIY and I have managed six kids so I am going to say that is pretty much mission accomplished!


2. Special Effects Make Up Artist - I love horror films, I love a bit of gore, I love getting arty and experimental. It would be an absolute dream job for me to be involved in the special effects team responsible for the graphic portrayal of body part trauma and the like.

3. Working in a Laboratory - This should be a realistic possibility rather than a fantasy as I do have a degree in Chemistry. I include it in my Top 5 because I always feel most at home in a Lab Coat surrounded by chemicals, scientific apparatus and bunsen burners.

4. Pathologist - I really don't know why I didn't pursue this as a career. I'm sure I would have been good at it. There have been several moments in my life where I have had to reassess my situation and think about the reality of actually growing up and taking responsibility for myself as a wage earner. Pathology always came back as an option but never quite made it off the starting block.

5. Cookery Book Photographer - I love cookery books, especially the ones illustrated with beautiful photographs of ingredients and prepared dishes. Whenever I drool over such pictures, I always imagine how much I would have enjoyed being the photographer. Only today, as I was driving along the M6 and thinking about my blog to alleviate the boredom of monotonous motoring, I considered doing a lot more in the way of recipes and food related posts so I had the opportunity to indulge in a little of this sort of photography.


That's my fairly unimaginative but very real Top 5 List of Things I Want to be When I Grow Up. For more of the same or to add your own contribution, visit Manana Mama.

3 comments:

  1. I love your top one and accompanying photo - and that's REAL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What with your degree in chem and mine in pharmacology, we could BOTH be pathologists!

    With a make up artist side earner...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely list. And six kids makes you officially a superhero.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...