Thursday 7 April 2011

Reasons to be Cheerful

I am still feeling the cheery effects from a lovely Mother's Day last Sunday. As well being given a gorgeous bath robe that makes bath night now feel like a pampering spa, the three year old presented me with a pot of chrysanthemums, we had a family favourite breakfast of croissants, orange juice and coffee, and I have the promise of any meal I choose to be made for me when Ivy gets back from Uni for Easter. In addition, three more Mothering Sunday Reasons to be Cheerful are:

ONE
I have new bedtime reading material courtesy of my eldest daughter. I love the Clan of the Cave Bear books by Jean M Auel and have waited a long time for this final instalment. I even bought new pillows for my bed to ensure my comfort during prolonged reading sessions!


TWO
Thanks to something of an obsession with the TV series 'Pushing Daisies' in which the lead character is a pie maker, daughter Taylor has become something of a pie maker herself. I never say no to a nice bit of pie. This is an apple and ginger pie she made especially for me as a Mother's Day present.


THREE
No celebration day would be complete without cake. When I came back from my dancing lesson on Sunday evening, I opened the fridge and found this:


I didn't mind at all that the cake looked 'like it was done by a 2 year old'. It tasted just fine and I loved that she made the effort to make it for me.


6 comments:

  1. Your blog always cheers me up with that wonderful photo. I love the look of that pie so send one my way please and you must keep that fabulous note for keeps.
    Mother's Day features too on my reasons over at http://gigglingatitall.blogspot.com plus thanks for when you leave comments too

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom would love it if I could make an apple pie. Better yet, wild berry - her favorite. I've only ever attempted a cheesecake for Mother's Day (which, in the U.S., is in May.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love when you're feeling the love, it reminds you that's what life is all about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute was the pie??!!! lovely, our mothers day is in may... I think... or have they missed it?? not sure. no no its in may in australia 8th of may. just googled it. glad you had a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmm my comments seem to be missing from everywhere...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...