Friday 8 April 2011

Wrigley's 5 Chewing Gum FLOOD - Review

I have to confess, I am not a big fan of chewing gum. Never have been. But my kids do not share my dislike. They were very willing to try out a brand new flavour of Wrigley's 5 chewing gum that I was sent to review.


Wrigley's 5 is a sugar free gum that promises to 'Stimulate Your Senses'. The new flavour which bears the dramatic name Flood is described as a mouthwatering berry.

Chewing gum does seem to have come a long way from the mint flavoured sticks I remember from my youth. These were very elegantly packaged in a resealable black and shocking pink cardboard pack featuring textured ribbing, ripple designs and the distinctive '5' logo. It did make me think of condoms more than chewing gum but there is no doubting that it was sophisticated.


The stick format of the 12 pieces of gum was familiar territory for me with the shocking pink theme carried through to the wrappers. The gum itself was pale pink and did smell pleasantly fruity.


So far, I would have to agree that senses were being stimulated! I wouldn't feel right about reviewing the gum if I didn't try it myself so putting prejudices aside I popped a stick into my mouth.

The initial burst of flavour was intense and fruity although it wasn't easy to identify a specific 'berry'. There were hints of cherry and blackcurrant that after a while settled down into a subtle forest fruit sort of flavour that did last a long time. I really liked the texture of the gum - very smooth and a bit squeaky against your teeth.

If I were to chew gum regularly, I think I would favour a mouth tingling minty flavour rather than a fruity one but if fruit is more your thing, I don't think these would disappoint. Incidentally, the kids thoroughly enjoyed them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...