Tuesday 12 July 2011

Feed a Cold...

My mum always says "Feed a Cold, Starve a Fever".

I have a cold. I am feeding it.

My mum also says something about whistling women and crowing hens, but I mostly ignore that one.

So, I have a cold and I am feeding it without giving much thought to what that might mean to my longed for weight loss. I do know that trying to restrict food intake when I am feeling rubbish is never going to work so all I can do is hope that I recover quickly and can relaunch my diet with renewed enthusiasm.

In less than a fortnight I will be running my 5K Race for Life and the last thing I want is to be carrying excess flab baggage. Actually, the last thing I want is to feel my wobbly bits jiggling as I run the course but effectively, that amounts to the same thing.

It really shouldn't be such a struggle to lose the last few pounds to achieve my ideal weight. I just need to get organised and get on with it. Now, if I can stop sneezing... that is exactly what I'll do!


7 comments:

  1. Awwh I hope you feel better soon. My mum has the same theory as yours about feeding a cold and I have to say thats all I want to do, and sadly the healthy stuff when feeling ill just doesn't cut it does it! Good luck with your 5K race x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear you are not well. There is a lot of people at work full of cold. Hope you are feeling much better soon x x

    Good luck with the race xx

    Dianne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you feel much better soon and that your 5k race goes well. looking forward to seeing how you get on x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you feel better soon & good luck with the race
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best of luck with your Race for Life.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh all goes out the window when you have a cold! You have to make yourself feel better, food is usually the key! Hope you feel better soon and good luck with the race :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww it's tough to do anything when you're feeling ill so have lots of chicken soup.. and chocolate. Good luck with the run and hope you're fighting fit soon :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...