Thursday 9 February 2012

Red, Pink and White Reasons to be Cheerful

I'm not a huge fan of market shopping but I do enjoy the richness of smells, sights and sounds and the general hustle and bustle that my town's street market adds to my walk to and from school each week. I usually have a few pounds in my pocket just in case I spot a bargain and yesterday, I did.

I have a few favourite stall holders: the Flower Man who sells all sorts of bedding plants and perennials for very little money during the growing season, the Meat Man (unusual choice for a vegetarian!) who sells Kilogram half moons of Cheddar cheese with Chili (a favourite in our household) for just £4 (or two for £7 if, like us, you really can get through that much cheese), the Tie Man who has an amazing range of silk ties (I really want to find an excuse to buy the Edvard Munch 'The Scream' tie which I love) and finally, the Book Man.

It was the Book Man who had me reaching for my money yesterday. I bought the Usborne Book of Valentines Things to Make and Do for £1 and I am really looking forward to doing some messy Arts and Crafts with the kids inspired by the ideas within.

I have gathered up as many materials as I can find in various shades of red, pink and white and I can't wait to get started.



Best of all, next week is half term.

What are your Reasons to be Cheerful?

6 comments:

  1. That is a great reason to be cheerful. Nothing like a spot of arts and crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! I'm also planning some Valentines arts and crafts.Well... I'm going to call them that, because that makes them both necessary and urgent ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. can't beat an Usborne craft book! your market sounds fab

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have absolutely no problem getting through cheese. Probably why I have to do Cross-Fit torture 3 times a week.
    Saying Hi from R2BC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great reason.
    You made me think of that scene in Oliver Twist where they sing "Who will buy?" for some reason. Well, it is probably because of Dickens birthday or my weird way of thinking.
    Have fun

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love shopping in markets.....the whole atmosphere. Not keen on cheese unless it is cooked.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...