Saturday 4 February 2012

Valentine Intarsia

I never tire of learning new things.

Until recently the word 'intarsia' was unknown to me and today I have just completed my first intarsia knitting project.

The success of my little project relied heavily on these two YouTube videos that were simple enough for a complete novice like me to understand.

Intro to Intarsia Knitting part1
Intro to Intarsia Knitting part 2

I started with a really straightforward, symmetrical design. Even something this simple required five different strands of wool to be worked. It was a challenge to keep everything from getting into an almighty tangle but for a first attempt, I am quite pleased with the result. I still need to weave the ends in and press the square to stop the edges curling up.



I have knitted this as part of my 2012 patchwork blanket project but I couldn't hep thinking of the Valentine potential - with love in every stitch.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, lovely job! Intarsia is on my list of things to learn this year....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...