Friday 30 August 2013

Disney Cakes & Sweets

I was really happy when I was offered the chance to review the new Disney Cakes & Sweets Partwork that goes on sale September 4th. I love baking and my kids love Disney. Perfect!


I did imagine that with it being Disney, the Part work would be aimed at children. It isn't at all. It is a lavishly illustrated publication with a wealth of recipes to inspire adult bakers. The step by step instructions make even the more challenging projects seem achievable.

Each part comes with an exclusively designed Disney branded item. Part 1 includes a Mickey Mouse cookie cutter which I was keen to try out.


The cookie cutter was easy to use and I was delighted with my tray of smiling Mickeys. The children were enchanted with them just as they were so I didn't get round to icing them this time but I didn't feel daunted by the prospect. The ability to create professional looking results seemed totally within my grasp.


Unfortunately, my little boy was so excited by it all, that he managed to break my cookie cutter. I will definitely be keeping my eye open for a replacement Part 1 at the bargain introductory price of just 99p.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...